YOU, ME, AND SUNDAY MIXTAPE by Cheekie Albay
Baby, it’s Sunday. We’ve got the whole day to ourselves. What do you want to do?
Let’s have brunch (lunch?) out. I’m hungry. Let’s do a McDonald’s drive-thru. I badly need pancakes and hash browns in my life right now. Then let’s stop by 7-Eleven and get some corn chips. God, I want corn chips.
Or let’s head to the mall and watch a movie, I hear the new Will Ferrell’s out. Then we could go to Starbucks, people-watch while sipping overpriced coffee that’s never as good as it tastes in our heads.
Or let’s call Chrissy and what’s the name of her boyfriend again? We’ve been meaning to hang with them, anyway. Maybe we could try that new restaurant we passed last night. Those two are all about food.
You know what? Let’s not leave the house at all. Let’s turn off our cell phones and pad around in ratty houseclothes all day. Let’s watch cooking shows, play Scrabble, pick our noses, whatever, as long as it’s just you and me. Baby, I’m happiest this way.
This is actually the first draft of the mixtape I made for my sister, which eventually turned out to become the YOUNG HEARTS & PROMISES mixtape. She wanted something more serious, so I shelved it. But I like it so much, so I’m letting it out to say, “Hello, world!”
YOU, ME, AND SUNDAY MIXTAPE Tracklist:
1. The Maccabees - Toothpaste Kisses
2. Wilco feat. Feist - You and I
3. Trembling Blue Stars - I Found Love (The Free Design Cover)
4. Jars of Clay - No One Loves Me Like You
5. Leona Naess - Calling
6. The Weepies - Gotta Have You
7. The Watson Twins - Just Like Heaven (The Cure Cover)
8. Sarah McLachlan - Ice Cream
9. Carla Bruni - Quelqu’un M’a Dit
10. Solu Music feat. Kai Martin - Sweet Thing
Image: 500 Days of Summer (2009)