HIDE YOUR LOVE AWAY MIXTAPE by Cheekie Albay
You know you can’t be with him. He’s with someone now. It’s a truth that taunts you every day.
Some mornings, you wake up with renewed hope that you’ll finally forget him. It goes on for a few days. For a few days, you feel great, in control. But this misguided sense of moving on never lasts very long.
You hear a song, hear a heartbreaking lyric, see a picture of him smiling, pass by that place where you once got foolishly drunk, just the two of you, told each other things you’ve never before told anyone else, where somehow, by the end of the night, your fingers had found each other, and stayed together, still and entwined. And so you have to try to push him away from your mind, all over again.
You tell yourself that you’ll get over this sooner or later, everyone does. Put some distance between you two, give it time, go on a vacation, meet someone else. It’ll be like there were never any feelings at all.
And every time you tell yourself that, deep down, you know it’s a lie.
HIDE YOUR LOVE AWAY Tracklist:
1. The Sundays - Cry
2. Stretch Princess - Time and Time Again
3. Ingrid Michaelson - Corner of Your Heart
4. Azure Ray - The Drinks We Drank Last Night
5. Kate Walsh - Your Song
6. The Cardigans - If There Is a Chance
7. Feist - Let It Die
8. Sarah McLachlan - Do What You Have To Do
9. Jem - Yellow (Coldplay Cover)
10. Rachael Yamagata - Be Be Your Love (KCRW Morning Becomes Eclectic Version)
Image: Closer (2004)